Caneel Bay and Henley Cay Ecotours with Lunch
Enjoy the best of our two favorite tour locations—Caneel Bay and Henley Cay—for a beautiful and inspiring ecotour that includes kayaking, hiking, snorkeling, and a great picnic lunch!
Your tour begins with a kayaking visit to Caneel Bay, which is frequented by sea turtles and sting rays and includes an opportunity for a gorgeous hike and a visit to Scott Beach. From there, you will make the five-minute paddle to charming and deserted Henley Cay, a tropical, tranquil, and uninhabited cay inside Virgin Islands National Park. Henley's protected beach is fringed on both sides with a fabulous coral reef teeming with colorful schools of fish. Relax on the sandy beach, watch seabirds, and enjoy scenic views of Caneel Bay and Honeymoon Beach in St. John! Snorkelers will discover an impressive collection of colorful corals including brain, pillar, sheet, star, and the endangered elkhorn and staghorn. From Henley Cay, you will return to Honeymoon Beach where you can relax after your tour in a hammock or lounge chair under a coconut tree. It’s a fitting end to a perfect day in paradise! This is a limited availability tour, so book now and make your reservation early to get the date(s) you want.
Duration: 5 hours
Child (ages 8-12): $79
- Five-hour tour of the best of Caneel Bay and Henley Cay in St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Hiking, snorkeling, and kayaking with expert instruction and interpretation by our guides
- Breathtaking, scenic views and exploration of spectacular ecosystems and coral reefs
- Opportunities to observe and encounter sea turtles, sting rays, seabirds, fish, and more
- Picnic lunch included with food and beverages provided by Canella’s Café at Caneel Bay Resort
- Snorkeling gear, kayaks, paddles, and life jackets included
- Free lockers, beverages, and snacks provided at Honeymoon Beach (toward the end of your tour)
- Outstanding, friendly service from our professional eco guides
Before You Book
- Bring clothing that can get wet and a hat, sunglasses, etc. for sun protection
- Bring a bathing suit and towel
- Bring watershoes or sandals with a strap around the heel recommended
- Your payment is 100% refundable until 24 hours before the date and time of your departure
- Cancellations within 24 hours or a failure to show up for your tour will result in a full charge for the cost of your tour
Departure point: Honeymoon Beach at Caneel Bay, St. John (Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your tour)
Departure time: Based on your reservation
Duration: 5 hours
Return information: You will return with your guide to Honeymoon Beach Hut at Caneel Bay, St. John, where you may choose to relax for the rest of your day. The Honeymoon Hut at Caneel Bay has a gift shop, restrooms, hammocks, water sports rental, beach chairs and underwater camera rentals.
- Five-hour multi-eco adventure with hiking, kayaking, and snorkeling
- Professional instruction and interpretation by an eco-guide
- All safety, snorkeling, kayaking equipment, and life jackets included
- Free lockers, dressing room, and toilet facilities provided at Honeymoon Beach (toward the end of your tour)
- Picnic lunch provided by Canella’s Café at Caneel Bay Resort
- Beverages and snacks included
- Gratuities for excellent service not included (15-20% recommended)
Our departure and return point is Honeymoon Beach at Caneel Bay, St John, on the North Shore of the Virgin Islands National Park. You can reach Honeymoon Beach at Caneel Bay Resort several ways:
From St. John:
- By car, drive to Caneel Bay Resort, one mile from Cruz Bay. If you park a car at the Caneel Bay parking lot, there will be a $20 parking fee. This parking fee will be waived if you bring your parking voucher to the front desk of the resort and ask for it to be validated.
- By taxi, ask to be dropped off at Caneel Bay Resort.
- Hike the one-mile (20 minute) easy path which departs from behind the Virgin Islands National Park Visitor Center in Cruz Bay.
- The Lind Point Trail is a popular and easy trail to walk from Cruz Bay, starting a few blocks from the passenger ferry terminal.
From St Thomas:
- Take the ferry, which departs from Red Hook (the eastern most point of St Thomas) every hour on the hour in both directions—$7 per person each way—a 15-minute scenic and enjoyable ride. Once in St John, walk two blocks to the left towards the Virgin Islands National Park Visitor Center where you will find the Lind Point Trail that leads you to Honeymoon Beach at Caneel Bay, a one-mile hike.
- Or bring your car on the barge which mostly leaves every 30 minutes and costs $50 round trip. This is a better deal than the passenger ferry if you have 4 or more people as it gives you flexibility without needing a taxi service once on St John. You will find the car barge to the left of the people passenger ferry on St Thomas in Red Hook. The last car barge departs St John at 6:15pm to return to St Thomas by 6:45 pm. If you park a car at the Caneel Bay parking lot, there will be a $20 parking fee. This parking fee will be waived if you bring your parking voucher to the front desk of the resort and ask for it to be validated.
Lunch price is included with tour. Guests are invited to walk to Caneel and have a nice lunch at the Caneel Bar or enjoy paninis from Canella's.
Your payment is 100% refundable until 24 hours before the date and time your tour is due to depart. If you cancel your booking with less than 24 hours’ notice or fail to show up for your tour, then no refund will be given.